Collectify Home Inventory™ is your complete inventory solution. Collectify Home Inventory helps you simplify, organize and protect what’s important to you and your family.
How To Create a Home Inventory Manual by Jamie Novak
What is the purpose of doing a home inventory? If I don’t own my home, should I still do one? What if I don’t own a digital camera? Also included: how to get started and prepare, schedule time, create a tool kit and overcome potential stumbling blocks. This helpful document even includes inventory checklists.
How to Choose and Use Home Inventory Software
Home inventory software adds conveniences and flexible reporting that cannot be duplicated with a hand-written inventory.
How to Make a Video Home Inventory
Creating a home inventory on paper can be time consuming and tedious. Fortunately, it's relatively easy to make a home inventory if you use a video camera.
Home Inventory Documenting Checklist
With this primer you'll be able to create a home inventory quickly and easily using a notebook, a video camera, a digital camera, or a combination of all three. By RealSimple.com.
How To Take a Home Inventory
A home inventory is a necessary step for homeowners' or renters' insurance. Find out how to do one yourself.
Ztail is the first interactive pricing guide for anything under the sun, answering the question of "What’s It Worth?", and the best place for buying or selling anything under the sun.
iTaggit is an easy-to-use management system built for anyone with personal possessions - from homeowners and renters to collectors and seasoned aficionados. The site functions as a virtual "blue book" for users looking to monetize their items or collectibles, quickly giving them current market value and is the premier place for those looking to sell, protect, and/or share their possessions.
Use your inventory to help you determine if you have proper insurance coverage. Add up all of your current estimated values to find out how much it will cost to replace everything, then compare this figure with your policy's personal property limit.
The Get Organized Answer Book:
Practical Solutions for 275 Questions on Conquering Clutter, Sorting Stuff, and Finding More Time and Energy
In a world with more stuff, more to-do's, and more wants, organizing and efficiency expert Jamie Novak offers clear and simple ideas to help readers cut through the clutter and find what's important. Proven strategies show readers how they can better organize their lives - and find more free time and energy.
The Get Organized Answer Book tackles all areas of life and home, answering such questions as:
• Where do I start?
• How can I free up more storage space?
• What papers should I save?
• How can I help my kids stay organized?
• What can I do to get the most out of my time every day?
Novak, who frequently appears on QVC, says that about 80% of the clutter in every home or office is a result of disorganization, not lack of space. Her strategies, tips, and tools for success can help every reader conquer the messes and start living a happier, more productive life today.
Get it on Amazon.
How in the world will I tackle what's in my garage or basement? Jamie says: sort through a box or two a week, photograph the “keepers,” and put them into your home inventory. Give away the rest to local charity.
Why Do a Home Inventory?
• With a home inventory in place, you can even protect yourself should you misplace or lose your wallet.
• A home inventory can help with insurance: purchase enough insurance to replace the things you own, get your insurance claims settled faster, substantiate losses for your income tax return and have quick access to all insurance details.
• A home inventory list can tell you when you need to replace something or when your possessions need maintenance or some other attention (say, tire rotation).
• When it's time to sell something, you'll have all your paperwork and information in order, ready to list on eBay or Craig's List for example.
• Use home inventory to document your home and property appraisals and plan your estate.
• Most importantly, a home inventory can protect you from personal loss due to hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, floods, earthquakes, burglaries and other unexpected emergencies.